If you’re looking for the Best AC in India, you’ve come to the right place. This article will tell you the best AC brands in India that offer superior cooling experiences.
Air conditioning(AC) has become a necessity in our lives. We all want to enjoy cool temperatures during hot summers, from office buildings to homes. The problem is that finding the best air conditioner in India isn’t always easy. There are hundreds of the best split ac in India, each claiming to offer better performance. But how do you choose between them?
The first and the foremost consideration is your requirement that will decide what type of AC you should buy. We have curated a complete buying guide to help you assess the best AC in India with price that can fulfill your requirements.
Things to consider before buying the best AC in India: Buying Guide
Here are the certain factors that you need to consider before finalizing the best AC in India.
The dimensions of your home or room and the cooling capacity determine how big an air conditioner you’d like to purchase. The correct size of an air conditioner is crucial to the longevity and efficiency that you get from your AC.
The capacity of an AC is determined based on several factors, including space size, location, the number of people living there, and more. Calculate the amount of BTU appropriate for your residence before deciding on the AC.
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) sets standards for the star-rated energy efficiency ratings, sometimes referred to as EER for air cooling units. When purchasing your air conditioner, be sure that an energy star rating efficiency is printed on it.
The higher the star ratings, the greater the air conditioner’s effectiveness. An AC with a higher efficiency makes use of less energy and reduces energy costs. A lower energy bill means savings, so it is recommended to purchase an AC with higher ratings or higher energy efficiency.
Type of Refrigerant
A refrigerant functions by soaking the heat inside the room and releasing it into the outside air. Once compressed by the compressor, if it absorbs heat, it turns into liquid and vice versa.
High-end models include R-410A refrigerants which contain hydrofluorocarbon, which is environment-friendly. Compared to traditional refrigerants(R-22), they can release and absorb more heat than conventional refrigerants. In addition, they come with synthetic oils to ensure that the operation of the compressor can be streamlined over a longer period.
Synthetic oils are more soluble than mineral oils R-22 and provide greater effectiveness while minimizing the damage to the components.
The quality of indoor air is a crucial aspect to consider. An AC with a high-quality filter essentially improves the air quality in your home. The air filters of an AC assist in eliminating dust and germs from the air. Sometimes they also filter out smoke and smells.
Apart from cleansing your air of pollutants, a great filter will also ensure that dirt and dust don’t get to the evaporator coil, which aids in improving the efficiency and performance of your AC.
Additionally, it would help if you are looking for an air conditioner with an effective dehumidification system that will reduce the humidity in your space. Air conditioners with good dehumidification equipment offer greater comfort and cooling in humid areas.
Type of compressors
The air conditioners in homes are of two types: the rotating compressor and those that are reciprocating. The rotary compressor compresses air using centrifugal motion and an impeller with great speed within a restricted space.
These compressors perform better than reciprocating compressors since they cause gas in the refrigerator to degrade its pressure, and they operate with low noise. They do cost more than their reciprocating counterparts.
Cost Installation & Maintenance
When installing the unit, make sure that you use assistance from a professional. It is highly recommended as the efficiency of your new unit is largely dependent upon the way it is installed. It’s important to keep in mind that installing split units is more challenging when compared to window units.
Keep in mind that maintenance costs vary from one unit to another. The dealer will provide you with specific guidelines on how best to clean the newly purchased unit—maintaining your AC unit at least once a quarter will ensure optimal performance. We will discuss some maintenance tips later to ensure the extended life of your air conditioner.
Cooling and noise speeds
An AC with a sound output of around 19-60 decibels is ideal to ensure peace of peace in your home. If you select one with a thermostat that can be adjusted, it will allow you to change the speed according to your needs. Setting the thermostat to suit your needs will ensure you get peace of mind in the most efficient method.
Based on the factors mentioned above, If your budget permits it, don’t shy off from purchasing air conditioners that have more sophisticated features for convenience, like auto-restart and sleep mode.
It is one of the most significant factors that influence your purchase. Every buyer has a set budget, and stretching beyond such a budget is difficult. With careful analysis of features, you may find many cheap alternatives offering high-end features.
Now that we have assessed all the factors one must take into account to find out the best AC complying with their requirements, it’s time to evaluate the 10 Best AC in India:
10 best AC in India in 2022: Detailed Reviews
After researching 57 odd air conditioners from 13 different brands, we have finally shortlisted the 10 best AC in India. These units deliver great cooling performance and also provide excellent value for money. Here they are:
- With its incredible ability to cool a 200 sqft room in less than 15 minutes, this is one of the best AC in India from LG. A night-long operation of around 10 hours costs you merely 7-8 units, making it a power-saving device in energy control mode. This air conditioner is quiet in operation for its indoor unit.
Although the outdoor unit is nosier, it should not be a concern as you always install it outside your house. Overall, it is an excellent AC that gives you value for money. The AC comes with a copper pipe in the indoor and outdoor unit and ocean black protection to ensure extended durability.
Also, it has bagged a 5-star rating from more than 5000 customers on Amazon, vouching for its high quality.
- Smooth flow with a self-diagnosis feature
- Highly energy efficient in energy control mode
- Hidden temperature display
- Handy backlit ergonomic remote
- Quick & Fast cooling on Himalayan mode
- Other ACs on the list offer more warranty on the condenser
- Claiming to be the lowest noise operation and most energy-efficient, this air conditioner from Panasonic efficiency adjusts the power according to the head load. Once you integrate it with Google Assistant and Alexa, the special wi-fi feature gives you a seamless hand-free operation.
This powerful AC is an excellent choice for medium-sized rooms. It comes with different modes like Dry mode and Powerful mode to cater to your different cooling needs. Anti-corrosion Blue Fin Technology ensures the high durability of this AC even in highly humid coastal areas. With special features like antibacterial coating, anti-dust filter, and Shield Blue technology, it is one of the hi-tech air conditioners on our list suitable for modern houses.
- Wi-Fi hand-free operations
- 5-star energy-efficient air conditioner
- Customized sleep mode with pre-set temperatures.
- AI-enabled Miraie App
- Dehumidified for dry cooling at high humid levels.
- Lacks horizontal air swing.
- With an in-built stabilizer, this air conditioner from Daikin comes with a copper condenser coil to ensure minimal maintenance. If you are an environmental enthusiast, investing in this Daikin AC will not pinch you as it runs on an environment-friendly R32 refrigerant gas. You can adjust it according to your requirements from various modes such as Coanda Airflow, Econo mode, and Power chill mode.
Being a 5-star AC, it is also an energy-efficient air conditioner with quieter operations. The neo-swing compressor inside controls the vibration and friction. In case of any defect, it comes with an auto-defect sensor to show the related code on the remote screen so that you can self-diagnose the issue.
- Controls foul smell by removing moisture
- UV treated XLPE insulation kits
- 100% copper coils for robust construction
- High-quality Polystyrene material for sturdy looks
- After-sales service is not up to the mark
- With its advanced inverter technology, this Lloyd AC adjusts the compressor speed automatically in parity with your room temperature. It comes with an improved heat transfer technology and prevents bacteria with its anti-corrosion fin technology. Like other ACs on our list, this one also comes with quieter operation and high energy efficiency.
100% inner grooved copper tubes ensure quick and safe energy transmission with extended durability. You get an option of zero upfront payment and a discount on the Bajaj Finserv EMI Store; what more can one ask for?
- Easy Wall mounting
- Great performance and energy ratio
- Hidden LED display
- Ensure clean air with its several air filters
- Too many problems with after-sales service
- With its ability to handle extreme temperatures, it is one of the favourable AC on the list for modern homes. It has a fast cooling technology with its turbo cool feature that gives you the chill in the hot summers in the shortest spans.
First launched in 2019, this model is one of the top hits in Whirlpool AC. With its IntelliSense inverter technology, you get the optimum cooling even at the soaring temperatures of 55°C. It features 3D Cool Technology with its three Air vents to deliver 360-degree cooling. Features such as Dust Filter, stabilizer free operations, and 6th sense technology make this cooling AC an excellent choice at this price point.
- ISEER Value: 4.75
- 6th sense technology
- 10 years on compressor warranty.
- Can work as a dehumidifier.
- The service is not good.
- If you are looking for a 5-star AC with a variable speed compressor to adjust the heat load, this air conditioner from LG is your deal. With an average annual energy consumption of 818 units, this is an energy-efficient AC. You get an uninterrupted cooling with Ocean black protection to keep it free from corrosion and rust.
Features like low gas detection, a Smart diagnostic system, stabilizer-free operation, Ez clean filter, Auto Air-swing, antibacterial filter, and dehumidifier make it an excellent choice for an advanced cooling solution. With this AC, you get a 5-year PCB warranty higher than its competitors on the list.
- Varied speed dual rotary motor
- 5-in-1 efficient cooling system
- Anti-virus protection with HD filter
- Vertical and Horizontal 4-way swing
- Stabilizer free operation
- Hefty installation charges from LG
- This air conditioner by Wills Carrier is an example of modern air conditioning that the company always envisioned delivering to its esteemed customers. It comes with an HD filter and PM 2.5 to filter out all the micro particles. It can filter even microscopic dust particles to ensure clean and fresh air.
It comes with 100% copper condenser coils that ensure a higher heat transfer facility, more durability, and easy maintenance. 10 years compressor warranty with a 1-year complete product warranty makes this air conditioner an enticing deal to consider.
- A low noise Air conditioner
- Comes with 10 feet of extra copper wire
- Exclusive functions like self-clean and eco mode
- It does not require an additional stabilizer
- Various methods are available to choose from
- Few customers complained about delayed cooling
- Like the previous AC on our list, it comes with a variable speed compressor to variate the energy consumption in parity with the heat load. The copper condenser ensures low maintenance yet high cooling. Additional features such as eco-friendly refrigerant and clean filter indicators give this air conditioner an edge.
The glorified looks of this air conditioner are surely a show-stealer. With its 1.25 capacity, it is a suitable choice for medium-sized rooms. The advanced Penta technology ensures the best cooling under extreme temperatures. An expandable inverter AC delivers maximum comfort even in the most humid conditions.
- Stepless compressor control
- Advanced Penta sensor technology
- Filter clean indicator
- Inner Grooved Copper tube
- Stabilizer free operations
- Issues with after-sales service
- This air conditioner from Godrej comes with a Twin Rotary inverter compressor for faster cooling. It also leads to low noise levels as well as high energy efficiency. It is a heavy-duty air conditioner that can give sufficient cooling in the extreme Indian weather of 52°C. YOu get the 99.99% viral sterilization with its anti-viral filters.
The anti-corrosive Bluefin coating on the condenser coils and evaporator makes it free from corrosion and rust. It efficiently cuts down any ice formation over the evaporator coils to protect the compressor. The multi-layered acoustic jacket over the compressor protects the internal components and blocks the noise.
- Super energy efficient
- Anti-freeze thermostat
- Active carbon filter to deactivate bacteria
- Anti-corrosive Blue Fin coating
- Made in China
- If you are looking for an air conditioner for large rooms, this Voltas AC is worth considering. With an average consumption of 1043 electrical units, it is also an energy-efficient Air conditioner. Volta’s air conditioners are acclaimed for their exclusive features like Catechin Filters and turbo cooling mode.
You can also expect high durability with its copper condenser. The dehumidifier mode makes this air conditioner appropriate for coastal areas and areas with high humidity. The intelligent sleep mode lets you sleep comfortably. With the use of hydrophilic fins, it remains free from corrosion. The use of environmentally friendly R32 refrigerant gives an edge to this air conditioner as an environment saver.
- Suitable for large-sized rooms
- Hydrophilic fins
- Dehumidification modes
- Rotary compressors
- Catechin Filters
- High installation cost
Now that we have reviewed the ten best AC brands in India, it’s time to quickly check out some maintenance tips to increase the lifespan and help it with better performance.
Maintenance Tips on AC to Boost its Performance
Regular upkeep is the key to maintaining the efficiency of your air conditioner. Here are some important tips that you should regularly follow to defer the AC breakdowns:
Clean or change the air filters
Be aware that filters will require regular attention when you have an air conditioner that is always in usage, has dusty conditions, or if you have pets living in your home.
The primary maintenance job that can improve the efficiency of your AC is to replace or clean the air filter. Replace pleated filters with one-inch pleats each month.
Clean up any debris that may be in the unit
In time, dirt and debris accumulate on the air conditioner’s exterior, degrading the airflow and capacity of the system. Trim all plants and shrubs away from the air conditioner to keep from blocking the airflow of the outside unit.
Cleanse the coils of your air conditioner
The condenser and evaporator coils gather dust over time. It decreases airflow and insulates the coil, reducing its ability to hold heat. Condenser coils outside can get very dirty when the environment outside is filthy or vegetation nearby. To avoid this, clean the locks on your air conditioner when necessary or at the annual maintenance check-up.
Straighten the coil fins
The condenser coils and evaporator aluminium fins bent over time and blocked the AC airflow through the coil. Straightening them periodically helps in improving the efficacy of your air conditioning system.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the star rating in AC?
A star rating for the air conditioner measures its efficiency in energy use. The rating is given through the Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE). A star rating can be a useful indication for consumers to determine the amount of power required for running an AC.
Which star rating is best for a home air conditioner?
A 5-star rated AC is the most energy-efficient and environment-friendly deal. It also cools down the room faster and ensures the best performance.
What is the number 1 brand for AC in India?
LG, Diakin, Lloyd, etc., are some of the top-notch brands we have covered in the article above and are some of the highly recommended brands for AC in India.
Is there any disadvantage of using inverter AC?
Inverter AC typically costs around 20-25 per cent more than the typical AC of similar quality. If the user is not particularly overweight or the power cost isn’t that expensive, it could take approximately seven years to cover the substantial upfront cost of an inverter AC.
Inverter or Non-Inverter – which one is the Best AC In India?
Inverter air conditioners are more efficient in energy usage and will allow you to reduce your monthly expenses. Also, because of this energy-efficient feature, the inverter aircon is regarded as an environmentally-friendly system as it uses 30-50% less energy than a non-inverter AC.
Buying an air conditioner is a considerable investment. Hence it would help if you were judicious in evaluating the pros and cons of the air conditioner you have shortlisted to buy. Among the 10 best Ac in India listed above, we found LG 1 Ton 5 Star AI DUAL as the best air conditioner in terms of its features and durability. It comes with an impressive Wi-fi feature that benefits you with hand-free operations, making it a desirable choice for modern houses.
Which AC are you going to buy today?