An Oven, Toaster, Grill (OTG) is the heart and soul of every baker and chef as it is a simple, yet efficient version of the regular oven. OTG uses heating coils of chromium or nickel on the bottom and the roof as the induction material. It has multiple uses, from baking cookies to grilling barbecue.
The heating coils convert the given electrical energy into heat energy for making the food and requires less time to set up and has an inbuilt thermostat to control the temperature of the OTG. Every OTG also has the option to switch on either one or both the heating coils. OTG ovens are a hit in India and have replaced conventional microwave ovens in almost all households. While it is difficult to choose a good OTG, we can help you by listing out the best OTG Oven in India.
Best OTG Oven In India:
- Having a power consumption of 2000W, this OTG saves power based on the amount of food it is used to make and produces no external noise. It has a stainless-steel interior, it is easy to clean and requires less maintenance.
This 52 litre Oven Toaster Griller is best suited for families having more members. Its various features such as a Stainless-Steel Body, Motorized Rotisserie, Convection Feature for different cooking styles, 120-minute Cooking Timer, Illuminated Chamber, Stay On Function, galvanized inner chamber and Kebab Rod Set make cooking with it an exciting activity.
It is lightweight and has a Mirror-finished door, which provides the users with a view of the magic happening inside. This black beauty can be used to make various Indian, Mexican, or Italian dishes and multiple all-time favourites like cakes, pizza, French fries, etc. without any internal or external issues.
However, its power code is not long enough and would need the socket to be within reach. As per various customer reviews, the door of the OTG does not close fully and leaves a small gap after being closed.
- It is suitable for families with more members. The other features include Stay on Function, Motorized Rotisserie, Temperature Controller, Removable Crumb Tray, and 120-minute Timer.
Having a power consumption of 2000W, this product is much lighter than the above-listed OTG. With the tray, removable, more significant items can be cooked inside, and the OTG can be cleaned efficiently. Its body is made of Black powder-coated metal, giving it a finished look. Its control panel is made of knobs and has a maximum temperature of 230 degrees.
Morphy Richards OTG Besta has a glass door with better visibility. However, the glass is not of optimum quality, and many users have reported it to break lightly while using. Overall, this is a good value for money as its cooking features and modes make it a good option.
- It is compatible with most of the utensils but sometimes overheats when glass utensils are used. This 16 litre Oven Toaster Griller is one of the best for a middle-class nuclear family.
It has all the features required for someone who is not familiar with any cooking methods and makes it easy. Having a power consumption of 1200W, Bajaj Majestic 1603 T saves power and has a thermostat to control the temperature of heating but does not have convection feature because of which every area is not heated uniformly. While it has various other cooking tools, this model lacks a rotisserie.
Its white body makes it a natural addition to any kitchen and has a glass door with a cool handle, which allows the users to view the insides and open up the OTG as soon as the food is cooked.
- Having a power consumption of 1200W, Bajaj 2200 TMSS has always been a chef’s first choice. It has a thermostat having a temperature range of 100 – 250 degrees. This allows users to cook a wide range of food items requiring various temperatures.
It has various accessories such as Grill Tray, Baking Tray, Crumb Tray, Skewer rods, Tongs, and Rotisserie attachment. Its other features, which make cooking with it a comfortable experience, are a Motorised Rotisserie, Function Selection Switch, which quickly switches between various cooking styles and a 60-minute timer.
Unlike other models, it does not have a convection feature, and that becomes a problem, especially when the food item requires even cooking.
It has a stainless-steel black body with a heat resistant handle. It is comparatively cost-effective and works exceptionally well. Some customer complaints of accessories not having a stainless-steel body is yet to be verified.
- This OTG is a sliver colored galvanized beauty and has a demo facility available with Borosil. It also contains a cookbook and has many features that usually are not seen in OTGs of this price range.
Borosil BOTG30CRS13 Prima contains a 6 Stage Heating function, 60-minute mechanical timer, Adjustable temperature control of 90 – 230 degrees, Automatic power indicator, Convection function, Motorised Rotisserie, various grilling accessories, Illuminated chamber, and an Ergonomically designed chrome-plated handle.
After installation, users need to call the customer care number given in the instruction manual to book a demo. However, users should only use utensils suitable for OTG. Though the model generates less heat, the convection facility is not as secure as other models. There is no reading of initial temperature, which is a crucial factor for baking and grilling. Still, this is one of the finest available models in the market.
- This OTG can be used for cooking items that require a lower temperature and can handle two trays simultaneously. Borosil utensils, as well as aluminium utensils, are the best to be used while cooking.
Its various features include a 6 Stage Heating function, 60-minute mechanical timer, Adjustable temperature control of 90 – 230 degrees, Automatic power indicator, Convection function, Motorised Rotisserie, various grilling accessories, Illuminated chamber, Ergonomically designed chrome-plated handle, and a Cookbook to familiarise with the cooking style of the model.
The overall material quality has to be improved as the model emits a lot of external heat. The demo facility is available with Borosil. Its primary disadvantage, as per various reviews is that it is too big, and the knobs are not working efficiently. This is still an extremely preferred model and is one of Borosil’s best sellers.
- It has a power consumption of 1280W and is made up of a long-lasting thermostat to control the temperature and heavy-duty coil.
Its various features include Auto Power-Off with Bell to indicate when the cooking process is over, Heat Resistant Glass Window, Lamp indicator to know when the OTG is idle, and accessories such as a tray handle, a tray, and a chromed wire rack. It also has Easy Control Functions such as air convection, heat direction, temperature, and time. The accessories are of good premium quality and are long-lasting.
Wonderchef – 63152143 OTG has a maximum temperature control of 250 degrees, but the small design does not have a rotisserie. This is a drawback for people who wants to make rotisserie-based items. The length of the cord is short and because of which it has to be placed close to the plug. Its handle is placed on the top, and though it is chrome built, the material feels cheaper. Irrespective of this, this product is a beautiful steal.
- It has a powder-coated outer body, available in Black and Grey colors, and has a full-size glass door for better display. Because of these many features at a small size and weight, this one of the most preferred Portable OTGs.
It has a powder-coated outer body, available in Black and Grey colors, and has a full-size glass door for better display. Its various features include Temperature Control up to 250 degrees, Timer function, an Ergonomically designed handle with full-size glass doors, and an Enameled baking tray, a Steel wire rack, and 2 Highly efficient Quartz Heaters.
The time knob, once set, cannot be reverted until the entire process is complete. This was a big turn one regarding this project. The lower part does not have a removable crumbs tray like other models, making cleaning a hefty task. It also does not have a convection feature because of which food items that require even heating cannot be cooked.
- It is lightweight when compared to other 32 litre OTGs and packs a 1500W power consumption. With many features at a low cost, there is no surprise that this product became a huge hit.
It has a wide range of features and accessories such as Motorized Rotisserie, Fermentation function, Heat control feature to chose Top heating or Bottom Heating or both, Temperature control of up to 250 degrees for Top and Bottom heating, Thermostat, Convection, Mirror finish door, Cooking timer, Multi-functional cooking modes, and Recipe Booklet, along with a grill, Enamel baking tray, Cooking rack, Crumb tray, Extra bracket, Holding frame and Turnspit.
All the knobs have a silver finish, which gives the entire OTG a professional look.
- Lifelong 16L OTG is a big hit because of its simple design and easy use. Though it doesn’t have any lights inside, the glass door is spacious enough to view. Its features, along with its low weight and cost-effective nature, has made this a popular choice.
The 60-minute timer is an exceptional feature that helps you cook your delicacies with a high level of precision. Its various features include three different dials for temperature up to 25- degrees, element and timer for 60 minutes, Motorized Rotisserie, Auto-shut off function, Warming function, Ergonomically designed grill, detachable cooking, and crumbs tray, grill rack, skew rods, a baking tray, and a pair of tongs.
Buyer’s Guide for Best OTG Oven in India
What makes OTGs different from Microwave Ovens
While both OTGs and Microwave ovens have similar features and use, there is a distinct difference between them, making OTGs the most preferred. The reason for OTGs popularity can be traced to the harmful effects of Microwave oven on food items. This, coupled with the design and features, propelled OTGs into fame. Let us see what the differences between them both are.
OTGs use nickel or chromium coils as inductive materials, which does not affect the food other than creating heat inside the compartment. In contrast, microwave oven uses Electromagnetic waves absorbed by the food on the inside to generate heat, which may have serious harmful effects on the food. Due to the electromagnetic waves’ property, heat is distributed evenly in a Microwave oven, while unless the OTG has a convection feature, it won’t spread the heat evenly.
The microwave oven consumes more power while OTGs are more power-efficient. Microwave ovens are more expensive and cumbersome, while OTGs are comparatively cheaper and lightweight. The main advantage of OTG is that it can be used for a variety of cooking options such as baking, toasting, heating, grilling, and cooking. In contrast, Microwave oven can only be used for simple baking, heating, and defrosting. OTGs have removable trays and racks, which can be used to cook multiple items simultaneously, while Microwave oven does not have that feature. However, it has a turntable that rotates to spread the heat evenly. The knobs and dials on OTG allow precision cooking, while Microwave oven has a limited set of utilities.
A new arrival to the market is a Convection Microwave Oven that is a hybrid of both Microwave oven and OTG. It contains a heating coil, just like the ones on OTGs. It also has multiple modes which let the users to either heat the food or bake. Still, OTGs are the most suitable option for all users.
Factors to consider before buying OTG
- Cooking method and time– OTG takes more time to cook as it based on heating coils, and not all OTGs have convectional features. At the same time, a convectional oven takes less time to prepare as it also has a turntable. This also factors in the pre-heating time as ovens take less time to pre-heat when compared to OTG. If a user wants to make food fast, they should prefer a convectional microwave oven over OTG.
- The capacity of the appliance– OTGs have a maximum capacity of 60 litres while Microwave ovens have a maximum capacity of 32 litres. If the user needs to cook large quantities of food, they should prefer OTGs even though it takes more time. At the same time, as Convectional microwave ovens have a turntable, it again restricts the amount of weight that can be put on top of the base.
- Looks that matter- OTGs are made of a stainless-steel body that not only gives a professional look but also makes it a perfect fit in the kitchen. It also allows easy cleaning, and the user doesn’t have to worry about severe damage to the body with daily use. Stainless steel, among other properties, is extremely strong and is long-lasting. By galvanising the insides, which is possible as it does not use microwaves, the food is protected from all sides. The knobs allow the users to set the time, temperature, and other controls precisely to the mark, which is one reason why OTGs are a big hit among bakers and chefs.
- Power Consumption- OTGs are available from 800W power consumption onwards, and depends on their capacity and features. Most of them are energy-efficient based on their costs and conserves power.
- Features, Accessories, and Cost- Each OTG has distinct features and accessories. While some have a rotisserie, some do not. The same way some got a convection heating facility, while some do not. Based on the uses and requirements, a suitable OTG can be selected, keeping in mind the product’s cost. OTGs can cost from ₹3000 onwards based on their capacity, brand, and features.
- Handle, Glass, and Cord length- This would probably be the least looked into, but one of the most important factors to consider. No one wants an OTG, which makes its handle hot while cooking. Most of the OTGs are having ergonomically designed chrome-plated handles, which makes it heat-resistant. Same way, the quality of the glass should also be outstanding. This does not mean whether the glass is see-through or not. The glass has to be strong enough to withstand the heat produced inside the OTG so that it does not break. The cord length is also crucial as that determines the position of the OTG on the kitchen table. Lengthier the cord, more comfortably, can the OTG be placed.
- Warranty and Customer Service- It is human to err. This saying can be taken over for appliances too. Various factors could lead to damages in the OTGs that may or may not be covered in the warranty. The user needs to know the items that are covered and not covered in the warranty. They also need to check the warranty period covered under each brand. Nowadays, e-commerce sites like Amazon offer an extended warranty period for all appliances at extra cost. Customer service, recently have seen a shift in its axis. More and more companies have understood its importance and are offering various customer service facilities, both online and offline.
Which is the best OTG Oven in India?
It is not easy to choose an OTG Oven as it depends on the above-given factors. The kitchen design, number of family members, occasions for frequent use, etc., also contribute to the buying factors. If asked for a personal opinion, I would go for Panasonic NB-H3200S 32 Litre Oven Toaster Grill. It is lightweight, energy-efficient and has a lot of features without compromising on the cost or quality. The customer service of Panasonic products is always above satisfactory.
It is always a huge debate when choosing the best OTG Oven in India, as it is more of a personal choice. This guide outlines the best OTG Ovens in India and helps users understand the factors to consider before choosing one.