Do you want to get a high level of energy while doing a workout? You need Protein Supplement to give you tons of energy for the exercise and help your damaged muscles regrow. It will help you increase your strength, and you will be more energetic. Here we have provided a list of the best protein powders in India and choose the most suitable one for your health goals. Therefore, choose wisely from the list provided, and let’s get started.
Best Protein Powders in India 2022 – Reviews & Features
- Item Weight: 2.27kg
- 24 gm of protein & 5gm BCAAs.
- Muscle support & recovery.
- Blended WPC+WPI.
- Contains all the EAA’s.
The first product we have on the line is ON (Optimum Nutrition), a USA-based firm that serves the best quality of nutrition products. It is a very trustworthy and reliable company and is very strict on quality control. Additionally, it contains whey protein isolates, an essential reason for it being the first one on the list.
The isolates used in it are ultra-filtered whey protein concentrate. Additionally, it has optimal BCAAs and more than 20 flavors to choose from, which is a very great thing. Moreover, it will ensure you recover properly from the intense workout. Furthermore, to get the best results, you should consume it daily in various small quantities in small meals. Lastly, it is a vegetarian product so that it will benefit all.
- Vegetarian product and it is suitable for all
- A popular and accepted brand
- Double Rich Chocolate makes the protein very tasty.
- It is quite expensive but has superior quality.
- Item Weight: 800gm.
- Blend of Isolate & Concentrate
- Suitable for men, women & athletes.
- Contains all-natural ingredients.
- Total 25 servings.
On the second number in the list of Best Protein Powder in India is Drexsport wild whey protein. Additionally, it is entirely organic and is extracted from the milk of Guernsey’s cows (Organic, A2), and it is not produced with the help of any synthetic growth hormones. It is made with natural techniques and is bioavailable and digested quickly. It is a high-quality protein powder formed from cow’s milk.
It is made with great care and unique blending for high quality, a superior protein that is also delicious. The unique feature is that one serving weighs about 31 g, consisting of 15g isolates of whey protein and 12g concentrates of whey protein as primary ingredients. Moreover, it has no additional sweetener or colors added. It is 100% vegetarian, and it is very delicious.
It helps for lean muscles, helps for weight loss, boosts immunity, and energy level. It has the best taste of all time as the best ingredients are used. It is certified and has a patent. Moreover, it provides the best result and is natural and authentic. The seal cap of the pack defines its authenticity.
- No harmful ingredient
- The cost is quite lower.
- Highly digestible
- Delivery might take time.
- Item Weight: 2kg
- 25 gm of protein. & 5.5 gm of BCCAs
- 100% Whey Protein Isolate.
- Labdoor USA Certified.
- Flavor: Rich Milk Chocolate
Muscleblaze is a Whey protein known for its pureness. It is an Indian supplement brand that has the presence of isolates of protein. Additionally, top-notch raw whey is imported from the vast fields of the USA. Moreover, the raw material is certified by HACCP that brings the best gold series Whey.
It has 1.65g carbohydrates and 0.46g of fat in a serving. It is the purest supplement protein powder that is available in the market. There is no possibility of getting a fake product as it has a unique code eight-digit verification process. Therefore you will get the right product and have the real value of the customer. Additionally, it is tested in labs of NABL that provide a sense of belief and trust.
Moreover, it is a trendy protein brand in India. The whey isolates have the highest Pdcca of score one, which makes it the best for digestion. It provides high quality and is at an affordable price. Additionally, it has a very low amount of fat and no added sugar, so it will be great to lose weight and gain lean muscle. It comes with a cool shaker that will be very helpful, and the flavor is very delicious.
- Affordable price and famous brand
- Very low-fat level
- Quality product for fitness enthusiasts
- The container of protein should be stored properly.
- 100% Whey Protein supplement.
- Best for Pre and Post Workout.
- Item Weight: 2.26 Kg
- Flavor: Rich Chocolate.
- Low carbohydrates and aspartame free
The next one on our list, we have Whey protein powder by Dymatize. It is a fuel for muscles and is 100% whey protein. Additionally, this product is fast-digesting, and it is essential to have this feature in it. It is gluten-free and fast-absorbing as all the unnecessary fillers are removed to make it better for absorption. It is excellent for drinking after intense workouts.
It has 25g of high-quality protein present in every serving. Additionally, it consists of BCAAs that help for muscle building and recover the damaged muscles. It consists of 140 calories per serving and has 2.7g of Leucine. Moreover, great science is used while making it with keeping the purity at the same level. It is of great quality and facilitates excellent performance.
It gives 63 serving in a pack and is certified and tested. Additionally, it comes in 12 different and tasty flavors that can enhance your protein experience. Some of these flavors are chocolate peanut butter, rich chocolate, chocolate cake batter, smooth banana, and much more. Moreover, it has an ideal ratio of both essential and non-essential amino acids.
- Easily digestible
- Fast absorbing
- A good amount of protein
- Not for weight reduction
- Item Weight: 2 KG
- 30 gm Protein, Gluten-Free
- 100% Roasted Peanuts.
- No added Sugar, Salt, Hydrogenated Oils.
- 100% Non-GMO.
Tru-Nut Peanut Protein is a plant protein that tastes best and is also sugar-free. It is a protein that does not sacrifice taste and is very healthy. It provides 20 g of plant protein per serving. There are no added sweeteners, and you can add it in your shakes, smoothies, oatmeal, etc. Moreover, it is a healthier and a tastier option.
It is made of selected, and great roasted peanuts and pea protein isolate that blends well. It is excellent to add protein shakes as most of the protein does not taste good, but this surely tastes better and more delicious. Additionally, it is effortless to use as you just have to add 2-3 scoops in your smoothie and enjoy high protein.
It uses oleic peanuts, which are better than usual. It tastes much better and is grown in the Southeast USA. Moreover, in three tbsp(18 g), it consists of 75 calories with 2g of fats, 10g of protein, 2g of sugar, etc. Moreover, it is vegan and gluten-free.
- Tasty and healthy
- Made of peanut and peas
- No added sugar
- Less protein in this powder
- Item weight: 1523 gms.
- 22 gms protein per serving.
- MCT’s, EFAs and Glutamine Peptides.
- Contains 6 Protein Sources.
- Excellent source of Fiber.
The sixth one on the list of Best Protein Powder in India, we have Syntha-6 by BSN. It is an ultra-premium that tastes very delicious and is multi-functional and can be used from day to night anytime. Additionally, it has six whole proteins with distinct digestive power and different amino acid rates. Therefore, it ensures that your muscles will be fed up to 8 hours with the best quality of proteins.
Syntha-6 is enriched with BCAAs and glutamine peptides that are great for muscle building. Additionally, Aminogen is excellent for digestion and heart-healthy MCTs. It can also act as a perfect meal as it contains all the necessity in an ideal protein. Moreover, it is non-vegetarian. It has 22 g of protein per serving. It is easy to use as you have to take one scoop with 4-5 fl oz of any beverage of your choice.
- Very tasty
- Highly nutritious having 22 g per serving
- Can act as a whole meal
- It is costly.
- Net Weight: 1KG.
- Whey Protein Concentrate 80%.
- USA Labdoor Certified.
- Gain Lean Muscles.
- 30gm contains 24gm Protein & 5.4 gm BCAA.
AS-IT-IS is a Whey protein that is not denatured and is manufactured by cold-processing. Additionally, it maintains the nutritional values with biological and functional properties. Moreover, it is easy to digest and has a high-quality Whey used. It is very dissolvable and benefits your workout. Furthermore, the amino acids present in it helps for muscle regrowth and repair.
It is a very pure, unadulterated, and authentic product. Additionally, it is of premium grade and is undoubtedly worth the money. Furthermore, it consists of 80% protein per serving, which makes it very advisable. It is suitable for bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts. It has 24g protein per serving and 5.4g BCAA that is best for muscle building. Moreover, it is certified by FSSAI that assures quality and trust.
- It is pure and authentic.
- It has 24g protein per savings.
- FSSAI certifies it
- There are no flavors in this protein powder.
- Item weight: 1.36kg
- 100% Whey Protein Isolate Powder.
- 25g Protein per serving.
- Lactose-Free & Gluten-Free.
- Suitable for both men & women.
Isopure Low Carb 100% Whey Protein is an excellent protein for gaining lean muscles. Isopure is ideal and is made of high-quality ingredients. Some of the ingredients are eggs, soy, peanuts, and tree nuts. Additionally, it has 1.5 g carbs and 25 g of protein per serving.
Moreover, it is gluten and lactose-free. It is rich in glutamine and loaded with BCCAs. Additionally, it does not contain Aspartame and will give a great taste of Dutch chocolate. Moreover, it is vegetarian and has different tasty flavors, which can enhance your shake. It has a shelf life of about 24 months. It has no added sugar and is a healthy option.
- 25 g per serving
- Tasty flavors
- Rich in glutamine and BCCAs
- It is quite expensive.It is quite expensive.
- Item Weight: 3Kg.
- 1.5 g carbs & mineral enriched.
- Gluten-free protein.
- 23.7gm Protein & 5gm BCAA.
- 100% Non-GMO.
There is a warning of allergy, as the FDA does not certify it yet. Also, it consists of milk and dairy products, which can affect people who are lactose intolerant. It is manufactured by an advanced filtration system and does not compromise with its natural ingredients. Moreover, it has no flavor to it.
- It has a 79% protein concentrate.
- It has 23.7 g of protein per serving.
- It is vegetarian
- It has milk and dairy products not suitable for people who are lactose intolerant.
- Item weight: 1kg
- Soy Protein Isolate
- 5.5g BCAA & 4gm Glutamine.
- Builds Lean Muscle & Recovery
It is unflavored but still very delicious. It has 27g protein,4g sugar,4g carbs, and 130 calories. Additionally, it has no added sweeteners or artificial sugar. It is a high-quality pea protein that is great for muscle growth and repair damaged muscles after an intense workout. It is a unique product; this is the only pea protein on our list that gives the best results for your health and safety.
Lastly, we have a different pea protein powder by Smart 138. It is pure and just made of one ingredient that is pea and is vegan. Additionally, it is gluten-free and dairy-free so that it will create no allergic reaction to lactose-intolerant people. It is a genuine product that is made in the USA/Canada. Moreover, it is made of raw yellow peas in Canada.
- High-quality pea protein
- 27 g of protein
- Has 4g of sugar
Buying Guide – How to Choose the Best Protein Powder in India?
Protein powder is an easy solution for keeping your body nourished, healthy, and satisfied. It is used for many different reasons, like losing weight, improving sports performance, muscle building, and overall body wellness. One can easily get confused when many options for protein powder are available in the market.
Features to look out for your best Protein Powder
- Content :
The contents of the protein need to be checked thoroughly. You need to check the content of fat and carbohydrates in the protein. Additionally, you can also go with the protein that comes with BCAA and creatinine. It is according to your personal choice and preference.
- Protein per Serving
The protein per scoop is a crucial aspect to look for in a protein. Additionally, you should also check the volume of 1 scoop of protein. Moreover, good brands have 25 g- 30 g of protein in a scoop.
There are various flavors available in protein. If you have no idea about which flavor you should go with, you should have chocolate; it can never go wrong. Other flavors like vanilla, cookie, and cream, or mocha can make your protein experience tasty.
- Item Weight & Diet Type
You should always check the weight and form before adding the item to the cart. Also, look at whether the protein powder is vegetarian/vegan/non-veg.
Cost is an essential aspect of the purchase of protein powder. It should be in your budget as most protein powders are expensive; you need to take care of your budget.
It is a brilliant and essential thing to check the source of protein powder from whom you are buying. Additionally, source checking is critical as many fake brands sell counterfeit products, which can be cheap but harmful for your health.
7. Ingredients used
Do not forget to check the ingredients. Some protein-making companies also add soya, sugar, and saturated fats. We strictly recommend not buying such products.
Types of Protein and uses
- Whey protein is the most used and very common for daily use. It contains many essential amino acids and can be digested easily. Additionally, it helps to boost energy and can help relieve stress.
- Egg protein is released slower than whey and can be taken at any time of the day.
- Milk protein helps to grow muscles and supports for enhancing immunity.
- Brown rice protein is entirely plant-based and is an excellent choice for vegetarians and people who consume gluten-free products.
- Pea protein is very great at being digestible,hypo-allergenic, and is very economical.
- Hemp protein is 100% plant-based and an excellent source for omega-3 fatty acids.
Matching your personal health goals or purposes
- Build Muscle: To enhance the growth of muscles, you need to find a protein powder with high biological value (it determines how well the body can absorb the protein). For this purpose, whey protein and isolates are the best.
- Lose weight: If you are willing to lose weight, you should use a protein powder with no added sugar. Additionally, sugar is the leading cause of weight gain in any protein shake.
- Vegetarian or vegan: If you are a vegetarian or vegan, don’t go with milk-based. Instead use plant proteins like soy, pea or hemp.
- Go low-sugar with diabetes: Patients with diabetes should go with a protein powder that has no added sugar and has low carbohydrates.
- Limit protein for kidney disease: People who suffer from kidney disease cannot handle a lot of protein. They should consume powder that has a lower-range of protein content.
- Avoid gastrointestinal problems: People who have irritable bowel syndrome or are intolerant to lactose should choose a protein powder with no sugar, maltodextrins, artificial sweeteners.
- Stick to your budget: Ready-to-drink protein shakes are very expensive and not much preferable. Go with the premium quality of protein powder according to your preference.
Top Protein Companies We Trust
About hundreds of local and international protein distributors are available online. So, how do pick the best one? Let us tell you that all the health products and brands you’ll find on this page are recommended by health experts.
We have thoroughly checked the ratings, reviews, and customer feedback. So, you can completely rely on us. Here are the most-trusted top #5 protein companies in India!
India’s leading and top nutrition brand for sports persons and beginners. They guarantee mass gain for leaners. Muscle blaze is known for producing plant-based nutritional products since 2012. You can buy nutritional supplements for pre-workout, weight loss, gym support, immunity etc.
- Item Weight: 1Kg
- Diet-type: Vegetarian
- 13 Vitamins and 5 Minerals
- 20 g protein per 33 g serving
ON (Optimum Nutrition) is a USA-based firm serving the best quality nutrition products for professional athletes and gym enthusiasts since the last 30 years. You can shop the products as per your goal, seek advice, and recipes. They guarantee the optimum quality using quality assured ingredients.
- Item Weight: 1.36Kg
- 50gm of high-quality protein
- 23+ Vitamins & Minerals, Creatine & Glutamine
- Use pre/post-workout or between meals
When it comes to nutrition and health, drexsport manufactures high-quality products without any compromise. Their philosophy is to nurture health with all-natural products. This brand has its patented and lab-tested formula for making muscle growth products without any side effects.
- Item Weight: 800gm
- Suitable for men & women athletes
- Blend of WPI & WPC protein
- 100% natural ingredients
It’s an international distributor of scientifically proven bodybuilding, mass gain, muscle gain products. Dymatize is the elite athlete’s number one choice. They only produce GMP( good manufacturing practices) certified products. You can buy super mass gainers, cretain, glutamine, etc.
- Item Weight:2.7 kg
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
- A digestive enzyme formula
- Protein powder with added glutamine
They call their nutritional products the source of strength. Their product range includes whey protein, mass gainers, weight loss, Fish oil, and others. You can also buy healthy superfoods like flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. They guarantee 100% money back if you are not satisfied.
- Net quantity: 90 Capsules
- improve immune system
- Tissue repair and regeneration
- Increases mineral and vitamin absorption
7 Best Types of Protein Powder Available in India
We know it’s difficult for beginners to choose from a variety of protein powders available in the market. It becomes difficult to differentiate between natural and artificial supplements. Also, the risk of side effects can’t be denied.
It is important to choose the protein powder that your body needs. So, presenting you the list of 7 types of protein powders manufactured from different sources. Check below!
The most common form of protein powder is widely available online and in your nearby stores. It helps to boost energy and can help relieve stress. Whey protein is manufactured using dairy milk. Basically, it is the extra water that separates from the curd while making cheese. This byproduct is then dried and converted to powder form.
It has been scientifically proven that whey protein increases muscle strength, immunity and promotes the building of new muscles.
The various benefits of Whey Protein
- It is high in protein, easily digestible, and a rich source of amino acids(BCCA’s).
- Improved body composition by increasing lean mass and reducing fat mass.
- Reduce appetite and work effectively than other types of proteins.
- If used in the right proportion by obese or overweight people can reduce inflammation.
- Item Weight: 1Kg
- 24gm Protein, 5.5gm BCAA
- 4 gm Glutamine, no added soy
- Zero sugar per serving
Like Whey Protein, Casein protein is also formed using milk. The difference is in difficulty to digestion and absorption. It’s a high-quality protein formed using the leftover water during the cheesemaking process.
Natural sources of Casein Protein: Cow’s milk contains about 80% of casein protein. Yogurt, Infant formula milk, cheese, and other dairy products.
How does it work?
The intake of casein protein powder reacts with acids present in your stomach. It forms a gel-like material that reduces your appetite and absorption of BCCAs. That automatically reduces muscle protein breakdown.
Benefits of using Casein Protein
- Improves body composition during the calories restriction schedule.
- Increases MPS better than soy and wheat protein.
- Helps promote muscle mass growth.
- Item Weight: 1 kg
- 24 g Casein protein & 11.5 G EAA
- 100% Micellar Casein
- ideal post-workout partner
Eggs are a rich source of protein that even doctors recommend taking in raw or boiled form. Eggs are known to have the highest protein digestibility-corrected amino acid score (PDCAAS). They keep you full, control your food cravings and weight gain.
How does it work?
They help restore and form all the essential amino acids that your body can’t produce itself. Egg protein is mostly preferred by women athletes.
Benefits of Egg Protein Powder
- It helps gain mass and muscle strength.
- The best option for lactose-intolerant people.
- Increases metabolism.
- Keep your stomach full.
- 80% Protein
- Non-GMO & Lactose-Free
- Item Weight: 1 kg
- Made from hormone-free chickens
Pea protein powder
Pea protein powder is rich in amino acids. The best option for vegetarians, vegans, and people allergens to milk products, and eggs. It is formed from high-fiber yellow split pea, one of the necessary BCCAs.
“Studies reveal that daily intake of pea protein promotes better muscle growth than whey protein.” pea protein powder takes more time to digest and absorb than whey protein. It releases hormones that control your craving and keep your stomach full.
Benefits of Pea Protein
- Daily intake controls high blood pressure.
- Better than animal-based proteins.
- Reduces risk of heart diseases or cardiac arrests.
- Diet type: Vegan
- Item Weight: 500gm
- 30gm protein & 5.2 gm BCCA
- Better immunity 7 fast recovery
Hemp Protein powder is a plant-based supplement rich in omega-3 fatty acids, and the psychoactive component THC. Thie protein powder is formed from plants like marijuana.
You can’t consider hemp protein as the complete source of protein as it contains low levels of BCCAs.
Benefits of Hemp protein
- Easy to digest & absorb.
- Prevents high cholesterol, B.P.
- lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Item weight: 420gm
- Contains all the ayurvedic herbs
- Includes Pea, Soy, and Brown rice
- Blend of 12 superfoods
Brown Rice Protein
Brown Rice is a good source of protein and essential amino acids. But the lysine composition is too low. So you can’t rely only on brown rice protein. The benefit is brown rice proteins are completely vegan. The best protein intake for women on a regular basis. They are easy to mix and digest as well.
“It has been scientifically proven that Brown rice protein or whey protein gives equivalent results.”
Benefits of Brown Rice Protein
- Enhances muscle strength.
- Improves immunity and helps fast recovery.
- Better body composition.
- Item Weight: 500gm
- Diet Type: Vegetarian
- 100% Plant-based Brown Rice
- High source of protein
Mixed Plant Proteins
Such proteins are prepared using plants combined with other proteins like brown rice, hemp, pea, and healthy foods. Healthy food products include chia seeds, Flax seeds, Quinoa, artichoke, etc. They are rich in fiber. Thus takes more time to digest than animal-based protein.
How to consume them?
They are often consumed with other protein powders for complete intake. They taste better with dairy products and are easy to digest. It also
As per a study in sports medicine, plant proteins maintain your muscle health and help easy weight loss.
Benefits of Mixed plant protein
- Lower calories, and high fiber.
- Contains all the essential nutrients.
- Promotes new tissue formation.
- Item Weight: 200 gm.
- impeccable quality vegan nutrition.
- faster recovery & muscle build-up
- 25g protein & 4.6g BCAAs
Which Protein Powder is the best for your Body?
It is not necessary that what is effective on a person will give the same results to you. We all are different and have different body types. Before you buy any random protein powder recommended by your friend or fitness trainer, it is important to know your body type. Invest in protein powders considering the 3 important factors:
- Dietary Preferences: Different forms of protein are available for vegetarians/non-veg/ vegan. So, choose the product wisely.
- Food Tolerances: If you are allergic to some foods or have any skin allergies. We strictly recommend avoiding such products. For example, Lactose intolerants must not consume whey and casein protein.
- Fitness Goals: Always Shop by goals. Decide the purpose of your buying food supplements or protein powder. Is it for weight loss, muscle gain or lean mass etc.
Need our advice? We have the best protein powders recommended by nutritionists as per the health goals. Check the specifications!
For Muscle Gain
Whey protein is the most powerful form of all other protein powders. It helps strengthen muscles, maintains body fat, and increases immunity. Check the #3 best whey protein powders from different companies that you can easily buy on amazon.
- Item weight: 1kg.
- 25g Protein Per Serving.
- Labdoor USA certified.
- Whey Protein Isolate(WPI) Blend.
For Weight Loss
You can take casein protein, whey, or a combination of both protein powders for best results. Daily consumption reduces your calorie intake, keeps your stomach full, and thus helps reduce weight. Buy today’s nutritionists’ recommended top #3 protein powders on amazon at exclusive prices!
- Item weight: 1kg
- Diet type: Vegetarian.
- 24g Protein, 6g BCAA
- Low Carbs for Lean Muscles.
For Vegetarians and Vegans
Meats, eggs, fish, etc. are rich sources of protein. You can’t rely only on your daily intake for sufficient protein. So, we suggest you invest in plant-based protein, pea protein, hemp protein, or a mixture of all the high-quality protein powders. Below are some 100% natural and vegan plant proteins available online.
- Protein Supplement With Superfoods
- Item Weight: 500gm
- Natural earth based ingredients.
- Contains superfoods.
Best time to take protein?
Different types of protein are available in the market. Protein generates energy in the body, keeps you active, benefits your health and skin. But at the same time, do not forget that excessive intake can lead to side effects.
The best time depends on the type and purpose of your protein intake. Is it for regular use, increasing body fat, weight loss, or bodybuilding? So, it’s better to define your health goals before you rush to buy protein supplements. In this section, we’ll reveal the best time for protein consumption for different goals.
For Weight loss
Protein helps in easy weight loss. It reduces your appetite and increases your metabolism rate. Protein intake releases ghrelin hormones that control your hunger levels.
So, it is suggested to take the protein shakes or protein-rich snacks in between the meals. It reduces your calorie intake.
For athletes, it is best to take protein mixed with carbs. It improves their performance, keeps them active and full at the same time. Also, it helps quick recovery of muscle soreness
Resistance -training Athletes must take the protein shakes immediately before, during, and after the workout sessions.
For Muscle Building
In simple and straight words, you have to increase your daily protein intake to grow muscle size. Nutritionists recommend taking protein shakes 15-20 minutes after your workout session for the best results.
Whereas the studies reveal that, protein must be consumed within the 2 hours of workout session for fast and visible results. You can also take Casein protein shakes before bed for healthy muscle building.
To Prevent Muscle Loss
Muscle loss is a natural phenomenon when you grow older, especially after 30. It is essential to maintain muscle health and body composition for every individual. Negligence can lead to fractures, low immunity.
So, the best time to take protein is during the night. Simply replace your night meal with a protein-rich diet. Also, include 25-30gm of protein in every meal or use a protein supplement instead.
Why protein is important in our body?
Protein is the most essential nutrient for our body. Have you ever noticed people with low energy levels, low metabolism rates, dry skin, hair fall, nail breakage? What’s the reason behind this? The honest answer is lack of protein in their diet.
If you have such issues; try replacing the carbs with protein-rich foods like eggs, yogurt, cheese, soya and you’ll notice the difference in a few weeks. Before that, it is crucial to understand the basics of protein.
What is Protein?
Do you know each and every cell in the human body contains protein? In scientific terms, protein is the chain of amino acids. It repairs and creates new body tissues. It is the protein that carries oxygen in the blood to all body parts.
Protein also helps generate the antioxidants and antibodies that easily heals your body during injuries and wounds. Overall, It is the fuel that keeps you active and running for the entire day.
How do proteins work in the body?
When you consume protein, it is broken down into many parts known as amino acids. That further helps easy absorption and digestion. Our body needs plenty of essential, non-essential, and conditional amino acids in order to maintain good health.
- Essential amino acids are not present in your body and have to be consumed in the form of food or supplements.
- Non-essential amino acids are generated automatically when essential amino acids break down to digest the food.
- Conditional amino acids are prescribed by doctors during illness and injuries.
Natural food sources of Protein/Amino acids
|Plants||Soy, wheatgrass, wheat germ, quinoa, millets, beans, nut butter, legumes, etc.|
|Dairy products||Milk, Curd, Cheese, Soya Milk, etc.|
|Animals||Meats, Fish, Eggs, etc.|
You must have seen doctors recommending a protein-rich diet to children, pregnant women, and teens. The one and the only reason is better growth and development.
Now, look at some of the solid reasons to include protein in your diet!
- Enhances the growth and development process naturally.
- Generates healthy hormones like HGH, ADH, ACTH, etc.
- Recover cells and tissues in the body.
- Maintain the Ph level of your skin.
- Maintain fluid balance in your body.
- Generates antibodies to fight against infections.
- Proteins keep our energy levels high.
What is Whey Protein Powder?
During the cheese or curd-making process, when the milk is heated, an enzyme is added that separates the water from the curd. This by-product obtained during the coagulation process is then dried and converted into powder form. And, that is what we call whey protein powder. It is extremely healthy and is used as a food ingredient by confectioners and bakers also.
Whey protein is the most powerful type of protein powder and is also found in infant formula milk. It helps muscle building, increases immunity, and is easy to digest.
Different Types of Whey Protein?
Basically, there are 3 types of whey proteins available in the market. Whey proteins contain all 9 essential amino acids and also prevent muscle loss. Overall, a complete solution for protein intake.
If you want to buy whey protein, we have listed the highly rated and reviewed whey protein powders on this page. But first, let’s discuss the important types of whey protein!
Whey Protein Concentrate(WPC)
The concentration of fat and carbohydrates is almost negligible in this form of whey protein. The protein concentration may vary from 30% to 90% depending on the ingredients used by the company.
You can consume WPI between your meals to feel fuller.
- Best for athletes & fitness enthusiasts.
- 4.2g of Glutamine & 5.29g of BCAAs
- Weight: 1Kg in powder form.
- The best pre/post-workout protein drink.
Whey Protein Isolated (WPI)
This type of protein is the more refined form of WPC. which means low in fat, sugar, and carbohydrates. It contains about 90% of protein. WPI is even easier to digest. The best buy for lactose intolerant, and persons with low metabolism or sensitive stomach.
- Great taste & Gluten Free
- High BV, amino acid profile.
- Supports Muscle recovery and growth
- Item Weight: 2 kg.
Whey Protein Hydrolysate (WPH)
The predigested form of whey protein that is ultra-light to digest. It has already undergone through hydrolysate process that the body needs to absorb protein.
- 5.5g BCAA & 4 g Glutamine.
- Item Weight: 1 Kg
- No artificial enzymes & Soy.
- Natural carbs to support digestion.
Did you know? WPH is the widely used protein supplement in medication and infant formula milk. As it is easy to digest and is allergen-free.
Best 3 Whey proteins You need to try?
Ready to try the whey protein? Check the fitness experts’ highly recommended #3 Whey proteins with amazing health benefits. Read and compare the features, prices and buy the one that suits your body and fits your budget. Let’s begin!
MuscleBlaze Biozyme Whey Protein
MuscleBlaze Biozyme Performance Whey is a customized product developed for Indians. This full of nutrition protein supplement has been awarded as the product of the year 2022 by sports nutrition. It is formed using EAF( enhanced absorption formula) that guarantees 50% protein absorption & 60% BCAA absorption.
It contains 100% PURE CREATINE MONOHYDRATE. Overall it’s the best product for high-intensity workouts, bodybuilders, athletes, and quick post-workout recovery. The faster absorption rate keeps your energy and endurance levels high. The product is India’s only protein product clinically tested by USA Labdoor. It is free from any biological contaminants and heavy metals.
- Labdoor USA Certified.
- Rich Chocolate flavor.
- 1 kg / 2.2 lb, 27 Servings.
- Creatine Monohydrate.
Optimum Nutrition (ON) Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein Powder
ON is the most trusted brand by athletes like Bajrang Punia, jade Jonas, and Tammy Abraham. They have been serving protein products for over 35 years. The best protein powder to take in the morning, between meals, and after workouts. It gives you better results than the daily routine of exercise. 24 gm of protein dose is ideal and can be taken thrice a day.
ON protein products are 100% authentic. You can check the 6 digit code on the container and verify if it’s the original or fake product. This blended form of whey protein contains 120 calories/24 grams. The most effective way for fast workout recovery.
- Double Rich Chocolate(WPI)
- Muscle Support & Recovery.
- Item Weight: 453.59 grams.
- Item form: Powder.
FAST&UP 100% Whey Protein
Fast & up is known for producing 100% genuine products using the swiss formula that enhances your energy and performance. It contains high-quality ingredients like pepzyme, glutamine, low lactose, and no added sugar. It keeps your body fit and healthy. One healthy serving of 24 gm includes WPI( whey protein isolate) and grass-fed whey.
Fast&up whey protein is sourced directly from Europe. It is easy to digest and absorb in the body. It prevents muscle loss, promotes muscle growth, and easy recovery. A delicious and effective way to achieve your fitness goals. Suitable for both men and women.
- Item Weight: 960 grams
- Promotes Muscle Growth.
- High-Quality Digestive Enzymes.
- Prevent Bloating and GI distress
Important:” We do not advise the usage of such products for pregnant women, children, and persons under any medical condition. It’s better to seek a healthcare professional. ”
Advantages of Having Whey Protein & Plant Protein Powder
Whey protein as we discussed earlier is a complete protein package. A top choice among bodybuilders, athletes, and fitness freaks. It has all the essential amino acids and leucines important for your body. Whey protein powder is easily digestible and helps gain muscle strength, shed extra fat, and reduce muscle soreness.
Now, let’s know the health benefits of Whey Protein:
- Helps lower the high B.P. Levels & blood fat.
- Controls your food cravings & reduces calorie intake.
- Whey protein helps cure type-2 diabetes.
- Reduces inflammation and bowel infections.
- Promotes the growth of antibodies & antioxidants.
On the contrary, plant protein powder can’t be considered as a whole source of protein. So, you have to add other protein sources to your diet. You can try protein blending with pea, hemp, or other protein forms. It is the best option for people allergic to dairy products and looking for immediate weight loss.
Health Benefits of Plant Protein powder
- Low in calories and fat and high in fiber & nutrients.
- Enhances the growth of healthy muscles & tissues.
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease & cancer.
- Do not contain saturated fats & cholesterol found in meat proteins.
- More nutrients in fewer calories.
Any Side Effects of Protein Powder?
Though you’ll not get much data on the side effects of protein powder. But still, it’s our responsibility to alert our online buyers to the dark side as well. There is nothing to worry about! Just make sure you are consuming the right amount of high-quality protein powders at the best time.
There are a few things to keep in mind:
- The first is to never buy cheap quality products on someone’s recommendation.
- Excess of everything is bad, the same principle applies to protein intake.
Now, let’s discuss the side effects of protein powders:
- Protein consumption may cause indigestion or gastrointestinal discomfort.
- High dosage can cause acne, bloating, and reduced appetite.
- Low-quality proteins can cause permanent hair loss.
- They may contain sugar, carbs, and toxic chemicals.
- The high sugar content in some proteins can increase your calories intake.
FAQs Related to Whey Protein in India
Is too much protein harmful to your body?
Yes, too much protein is harmful to your body. The recommendation of protein intake is 1g per kg of your weight. For instance, if you weigh 50 kg, you are then advised to take 50 g per day. Furthermore, if you go to the gym or you are an athlete or sportsman, you may need a protein intake of up to 2.5 g per kg of body weight. Additionally, if you take too much protein without doing any workout, you will gain weight.
Can it help in building muscles faster with the best protein powder in India?
Protein plays a role in muscle repair that is damaged due to intense workouts. Moreover, it sheds the degenerative cells. Therefore, protein helps in building muscles faster and in a properly controlled way. You should also seek dietary supervision for better results.
Are there any side effects of consuming protein powder?
It depends on the quality you consume daily. Additionally, a branded protein will not cause any side effects. But a local or fake protein can cause quality issues.
How many Amino Acids make a type of protein?
In total, 20 amino acids are there that the body uses to make proteins. All these amino acids are building blocks for making proteins.
Which foods are rich in protein?
Many foods have a rich protein content in them. Some of them are pulses, milk, eggs, chicken, fish, etc., but the important part is you cannot eat these foods before cooking. Additionally, when you cook these foods, a lot of protein gets wasted, and your body does not get the required protein. Therefore, the Best Protein Powder in India will be best for you to meet your health goals
In conclusion, from the list of Best Protein Powders in India, find your perfect match to stay healthy. To know the features required, see the Buying guide provided and choose wisely. Additionally, get the best from the rest and reach your health goals. Moreover, it will be your best investment for being fit and healthy. Buy a Protein Powder now!